Thursday, July 15, 2010

Ready for Battle

A few weeks ago, I was blessed to be a soldier in the Lord's army when the body of Christ united in prayer via the Facebook site "Pray for David Camp", a young man who was seriously injured in a car accident. More than 7,000 prayed in one accord and saw miracles happen. There were common visions and words of scripture shared. Even David's passing and funeral brought glory to God.

Since then I have taken what I learned about prayer and retooled my old mindsets. Intercession is really all about obedience, not just praying what I want to pray nor applying my hand-picked scripture passage. Intercession is praying what God shows me and then I doing what He says. Small obediences, step-by-step, grounded in prayer allow His will to be done on earth. As we take small steps by faith, angels go forth in power.

In the spiritual battlefield of the last days, the souls of men are in the balance. How we wage war determines how God's glory will be displayed. Although in my own wisdom, I can conjure up a "battle plan" that will save myself, my family, my friends and many others, God's glory will not abide in the plans of man. God is the only One that knows the best course of prayer and action.

In the days ahead, we need to be ready for battle, but not for a carnal war:
"For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) casting down imaginations, and very high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; and having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled." 2 Cor. 10:3-6

As a foot soldier in the Lord's army, I need to be ready for battle, taking to heart every word my King speaks--by His still small voice or through the scriptures--and then fulfilling them step-by-step. Active listening through prayer and then obedience: I need to practice it again and again so it becomes second nature to me.

In order to practice prayer and obedience, I first need to be available. So today, I am available, Lord. I turn my thoughts away from the list of pleasures and distractions of life and I listen carefully to Your voice. As I practice today, I am confident that You are making me ready for Your battle. Just like I saw victory as the army of God prayed for David Camp, I will see Your victory in the battles ahead of me today. Amen


1 comment:

  1. No... I'm pretty sure I'm still behind you in this race. You're worth catching up to, though. And yes... praying for David Camp was a powerful experience to go through. I was humbled to be one of 7000+ on Facebook and countless thousands around the world going to battle on his behalf.

    ReplyDelete